KANSEL offers a FREE seven-week Construction Training Program several times a year. This class prepares students for entry level construction work.
For information on class dates and application process, call KANSEL at 316-263-9620.
Working with the Kansas Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration, we provide a construction training program for adults aged 18 or older. Minorities and women are especially encouraged to apply.
The KANSEL Construction Training Program teaches basic construction skills using the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) core curriculum. Students will receive instruction in construction math, materials handling, power tools, hand tools and construction drawings. The course also includes a 10-hour OSHA safety course plus training to obtain a Class B CDL instructional permit. Classes are held Monday through Thurday during the day.
When a student completes our program we strive to get them in the construction workforce. Connections with construction companies like Cornejo, Conco, Eby, Dondlinger and Wildcat give our students an outstanding chance for employment.
- Applicants must be 18 or older and be a high school or GED graduate
- Applicants must be legally employable in the United States
- Applicants must have a driver’s license or be able to obtain one
- Applicants will be required to pass drug screening tests and must be physically able to perform highway construction work
- Applicants must attend all sessions of the seven-week training program
Future 2017 classes begin on January 23, April 10, July 31, and October 23.
For information call 263-9620